There are nearly 200 taiko ensembles in North America, and Triangle Taiko is one of only a handful of taiko groups in the Southeastern United States. Formed in 2002, Triangle Taiko is an all-volunteer group dedicated to the exploration and performance of Taiko. Our motto is “sharing the spirit of Taiko with the world”.
Triangle Taiko celebrates diversity, and welcomes members who wish to do so as well. Our members come from many walks of life and are of various ages. We simply enjoy playing taiko. Please join us.
1. We are a club under The Nippon Club of the Triangle. Triangle Taiko is a part of the NPO group, The Nippon Club of the Triangle, since May 2002.
2. We enjoy playing and performing Taiko. Founded in January 2002, we are an all-volunteer group dedicated to the exploration and performance of Taiko, Japanese traditional drum music. We enjoy playing taiko, and our primary purpose is to share our enjoyment of taiko by playing together. We are asked to perform at different events, and Club members are also encouraged to participate in our public performances.
3. We celebrate diversity and diverse members. We celebrate diversity, and welcome members who wish to do so as well. Our members come from many walks of life and are of various ages. Our motto is “sharing the spirit of Taiko with the world”. If you are interested in joining Triangle Taiko, please review our New Member Info.
4. Our Club Objectives:
1. Enjoy Taiko. Anyone who is interested in Nippon Taiko and respects group work can join this club and play Taiko. Taiko is a team art, where we learn, practice, and play together.
2. Enjoy a different culture through Taiko. We hope to promote Japanese-American cultural exchange through Taiko.
3. Community Service and Community Performances. We take initiative to actively participate in community service projects and participate in performances for the community.